Monday, May 10, 2010

Is it legal to place nails at the entrance to your driveway?

My neighbor has a problem. She absolutely hates when people park in front of her house or use her driveway as a turn around point. We live in a very confined community, and their is no sidewalk. At night you can barely see them, and I can see them because I know what to look for. I know it's immoral, but is it illegal? If a small child trips, or a dog steps on, or someone ruins two tires is she responsible? There is only about 6 inches between the nails and the road. It is very windy at times and I am constantly looking in the road so they don't get stuck in my motorcycle tires, or my car tires when I leave in the morning. I know that it is annoying to turn around in the driveway, but can't you get sued from damages caused on private property? If a child steps on a 3 inch nail at night I think she will have more problems then people using her driveway.


So I guess my question is...I she crazy?!?Is it legal to place nails at the entrance to your driveway?
She could be charged with criminal mischief, or littering.





She would definitely be liable in civil court for any damages.





It sounds like she is placing the nails on the public right of way and not on her own property.





I would call the police. They will come out and talk to her and tell her not to do that anymore. I doubt they would arrest her unless she went crazy on them.Is it legal to place nails at the entrance to your driveway?
Contact your police dept. immed. before someone gets hurt!!!!

Report Abuse



Your damn right she can get sued. If one of my neighbors was doing that I would crawl so far up their *** I could steal their lunch.





A better solution would be to put a sign, weighed down with sandbags or something, right in the middle of it, physically blocking vehicles from using the driveway.
Legally she is littering the public easement area which is not done with permission of the local counsel. Report her to police.





Who cares if someone parks in front or uses your drive for a second or so. For goodness sakes. I don't get it. It is a public thoroughfare. Public property.
If she is rich, let her do it. She will not be so rich in the future......


But STAY OUT OF IT!!! No advice or YOU could be part of the lawsuit. ';He told me to do it!!';


See nothing, hear nothing, say nothing is my motto.
Yes illegal. Its also illegal to blow someone up same difference .
yup... she'll be liable for damages if the victim is made aware that the nails are there on purpose... especially if she does not post a warning sign.
at night sneak over and dump a few thousand on her driveway for her! that would be fun! just kidding...........

No comments:

Post a Comment